Friday, February 07, 2020

No Choice-

Born into flesh
Against our will we are put here
Laid upon the earth with a consciousness
And left to fend for ourselves

Some get up
Others wither away
What's the point
We'll all die some day

Family is had, not given
Friends are made, then stray
Lovers hold tight, and let go
And the hurt is unrepentant

Chasing the impermeable
Longing for the unobtainable
Digging for lost treasure
Crying for help in an empty room

All alone we suffer
Surrounded by millions of others
Unable to grasp onto a single one
If only just maybe,
To hold a hand for just a moment
Yet slip right through their fingers

Time crushes on
Waging a war that can not be won
There is nothing but an endless pathetic attempt
At making sense of it all

I didn't ask for this
I was given no choice
Never able to make a connection
No one will be mad at me
When I take my exit







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home